Who we are
AIX Corporate Services is the registered business name of Professional Services Secretaries Limited which was founded in 1990 and for the last 30 years has carried on its business as a respected Corporate Services provider in Gibraltar.
AIX has a varied range of clients and our main aim is to enable our clients to comply with all applicable regulatory and legal requirements and to maintain appropriate corporate records.
AIX is licenced and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (“GFSC”) to act as Company Managers and to provide regulated Corporate Services to our clients. Our licence number is FSC07128.
As a licenced firm regulated by the GFSC, AIX holds insurance cover to protect the interests of our clients and are subject to an annual independent audit.
The GFSC maintains a list of regulated and approved licencees on its website at www.fsc.gi and is the body to which any complaint about a regulated licencee may be made.
As a stable and well governed British Overseas Territory, Gibraltar has its own Parliament, its own legal and its own tax system. It enjoys an effective regulatory environment which is in alignment with that of the UK.
Gibraltar has a robust and diversified economy. The principal sectors of the Gibraltar economy are financial services, on-line gaming, port services and tourism.
Gibraltar operates the third largest ship bunkering port in Europe, has a state-of-the-art cruise ship terminal, facilities to host super-yachts and provides a full range of professional marine services.
Gibraltar’s long-standing focus on strong regulatory compliance, transparency and good corporate governance has successfully differentiated it from other international financial centres. Gibraltar continues to develop and adopt innovative legislation to drive its growth as an international financial services centre and tech hub.
During recent years, Block-Chain, Fintech and Digital Money Services have begun to rival insurance services as Gibraltar’s fastest growing high tech sector.
Gibraltar at a glance
- A 7km2 peninsular, strategically located at the western entrance to the Mediterranean and serving as a key military base for centuries
- A British Territory since 1713
- Political and economic stability
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Onshore finance centre, White Listed by OECD; FATF and IMF reviewed
- Regulated to EU and UK standards with a sensible and pragmatic approach
- No exchange controls
- No Government debt leverage or domestic banking issues
- Common law legal system
- Excellent professional legal, accounting and corporate services providers
- Attractive cost base compared to other jurisdictions
- Corporate tax rate of 10% on income accrued in or derived from Gibraltar
- Gibraltar has no capital gains tax, wealth tax, gift tax, inheritance tax, or VAT
- No withholding taxes on dividends, interest or royalties
- Most investment income is tax free – no tax on interest from bank deposits, traded bonds or dividend income
- Inter-company interest and royalties taxed at 10%
- Investment funds are generally tax neutral
- Tax planning opportunities for investment funds, individuals, corporations and trusts
- Zero taxation for non-resident trusts
- Concessionary tax rates for individuals becoming residents
- No stamp duty, except for Gibraltar real estate purchases
- Nominal capital tax on creation of authorised share capital or loan capital
- US FATCA, UK FATCA, Common Reporting Standard